The returns of the Las Vegas Strip show that we are still waiting for

Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman performing at the Mirage.

On November 24, “KÀ” will be back on stage at the MGM Grand, renewing Cirque du Soleil’s portfolio of production shows on the Las Vegas Strip. In just over a week, Lady Gaga will bring her “Jazz & Piano” residency shows back to Park MGM on October 14, the return of another of the Strip’s biggest live entertainment draws.

Around this time last year, smaller shows planned to reopen despite strict pandemic regulations limiting crowd sizes and requiring social distancing, masks and other safety rules. After going through a rough fall and winter and thriving in the spring and summer, entertainment in Las Vegas has indeed recovered, with most of the big shows returning to regular performances.

Among the most recent re-openings are “Opium” at Cosmopolitan, Barry Manilow and the Bronx Wanderers (separately) at Westgate, “The Terry Bradshaw Show” at Luxor, “Magic Mike Live” at the Sahara, “The Beatles LOVE” at the Mirage and Carlos Santana’s residence at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay. Rock legends Rod Stewart (at Caesars Palace) and John Fogerty (at Wynn) return to their Strip concerts this week for the first time since the start of last year, and Gwen Stefani (at Planet Hollywood) and Wayne Newton (at the Flamingo) will do the same later this month.

click to zoom in the picture

Teams are working to remove the Crazy Girls “No Ifs, Ands, or Butts” statue from Planet Hollywood Casino on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. The statue, created by Michael Conine in 1997, has been installed on the Riviera. The semi-nude showgirl revue that ran at the Riviera Casino from 1988 to 2015 and Planet Hollywood from 2015 until it closed for the pandemic will remain closed until it finds a new location. The statue will be stored until then.

But there are still a handful of established production shows and headliners that haven’t been able to return to performances on the Strip and have yet to announce show dates. Each has different circumstances dictating a possible return, and some smaller shows have been moved during the pandemic and are looking for a different venue in Vegas for their return.

That’s the situation for “Crazy Girls,” the Strip’s longest-running topless magazine before the pandemic after launching on the Riviera in 1987. In 2015, she moved to Planet Hollywood’s Sin City Theater, and in May of that year Caesars Entertainment has confirmed that it will not reopen this venue, launching “Crazy Girls” and other shows. A spokesperson recently told The Sun that “Crazy Girls” producer Norbert Aleman is still looking for a perfectly suited theater.

Another sexy burlesque presentation always looking for a new venue is “X Rocks”, formerly at Bally’s. Producers Matt and Angela Stabile – Angela starred on “Crazy Girls” for years before creating her own shows – are committed to bringing the magazine back to the forefront of technology, and their company has had a strong relationship with Caesars since the early 1990s. sister shows “X Burlesque” and “X Country” are still going strong at Flamingo and Harrah’s, respectively.

As for the big hall residencies, pop singer Kelly Clarkson announced one for the Zappos Theater (the same venue Stefani performs) in 2019 which never opened in April 2020. She was initially postponed to this year but is not currently listed on the planet. Hollywood website. Clarkson took to the stage on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena as one of the headliners of the Shaquille O’Neal Foundation benefit event, but there was no sign of her rebooting. residency this year.

Down the street at the Park Theater where Gaga will be returning and Bruno Mars has been performing since July, Aerosmith is expected to return to his residence next year. The Boston-born group was forced to cancel spring and summer shows last year, but the MGM Resorts website says Steven Tyler and his company will compose those dates and add more with a announcement coming soon. Cher was also forced to cancel performances at the Park Theater last year, but there is no indication that she will return for any other headlining shows.

And the future of Boyz II Men’s long-time residency show at the Mirage Theater is hanging in the air. The successful R&B group began their career there in 2012 with Terry Fator still headlining in the same space, but the Boyz show is no longer listed on the Mirage website. SPI Entertainment founder Adam Steck, the show’s producer in Las Vegas, recently noted that the theater’s turn to spotlight magician Shin Lim could affect venue availability, but the vocal trio “likes it. really Las Vegas and wants to come back on stage ”.


Source link

Comments are closed.