Man charged with uttering bomb threats at Las Vegas airport | New

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A man faces three criminal charges of communicating a bomb threat after he allegedly drove his truck into a secure area of ​​the Las Vegas airport last week and produced a fake bomb.

Sergio Magana, 36, is also charged with possession of a fake bomb and destruction of property. Two similar offenses were added on Monday, including unlawfully making, buying, possessing, selling, advertising or transporting a fake bomb and destroying property.

A police report obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal says Magana drove nearly a mile on airport property and was arrested at the scene on August 25.

“The car pulled over to the driver’s side (of the officer) and the subject yelled, ‘I’m trying to get your attention; I was looking for you,” police said, the Review-Journal reported. “(Motorist) then states, ‘I’ve got a bomb here,’ as subject held up an unknown spray can wrapped in duct tape.”

The man allegedly told Las Vegas police that he went to the secure area of ​​the airport to speak to police about “cartel people”, who he said entered the convenience store where he works, the newspaper reported.

Court records show Magana is represented by the Clark County Public Defender’s Office. Officials did not immediately respond to a call and email from The Associated Press on Tuesday.

A police dog detected no explosives in the vehicle. The incident did not cause any flight cancellations or delays, airport spokesman Joe Rajchel said.

Comments are closed.